FORUMS: list search recent posts

Device to convert SD to HD?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean David
Device to convert SD to HD?
on Jan 20, 2016 at 5:35:58 pm

I have the digital source footage in SD, and want to use it at 1280x720 at the best quality reasonable. I've found Instant4K and UpRez but wondered if there is there a hardware device that would do this better/faster than software? I'm using Windows. We have about 3 hours cut in as clips, but the source for those is many more hours, and it would save time and add flexibility to scale the source up instead of just the clips. I don't have a massive budget, but quality and efficiency is important.

Sean

Asus G750JZ i7, 24GB RAM, Nvidia 880M 4GB, Win8.1 64 bit, Adobe CC, Cinema4D Studio 17, and whatever else it takes to get the job done.

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Device to convert SD to HD?
on Jan 20, 2016 at 9:24:25 pm

what is your digital source footage ? A Hard drive ? A VTR ?
Does it have an SDI output ? If it does, you need this -

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/686604-REG/Blackmagic_Design_CONVMUDC...

if it's a file, this is done in software with products like
Telestream Episode or Adobe Media Encoder.

Bob Zelin

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
bobzelin@icloud.com

Return to posts index

Sean David
on Jan 20, 2016 at 10:02:58 pm

Source is a hard drive with a set of large video files, AVI format, lossless compression. I am looking at software options as well, but a reasonable hardware device could take the processing load off of other machines.

I can also recapture the content from the DVCAM tapes, but would need output back to e.g. a PC, or a reasonable device. I don't have any of this type of equipment on hand.

In your opinion, would the quality be better using a hardware solution?

Sean

Asus G750JZ i7, 24GB RAM, Nvidia 880M 4GB, Win8.1 64 bit, Adobe CC, Cinema4D Studio 17, and whatever else it takes to get the job done.

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Jan 24, 2016 at 2:22:27 pm

no, and I hate Matrox.
Blackmagic and AJA do not make a hardware solution to accelerate the transcode of your software files from one format to another.

Use Telestream Episode Pro for what you are doing. You will get the best results.

Bob Zelin

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
bobzelin@icloud.com

Return to posts index

Sean David
on Jan 25, 2016 at 7:31:24 pm

Thanks, I hadn't heard of Telestream Episode Pro before, I'll give it a go!

Sean

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]