FORUMS: list search recent posts

HP Dreamcolor z27x factory calibration reddish / red tint

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Benjamin Zimmermann
HP Dreamcolor z27x factory calibration reddish / red tint
on Oct 21, 2015 at 4:41:20 pm

Hi Everyone,

I bought a new Dreamcolor z27x Monitor mainly for Editing on Premiere CC2015 and doing motion Design / VFX on After Effects through my Black Magic Studio 4K via HDMI on Win7. Since HP affirms that the monitor is pre calibrated by the factory on the product page and in the manual, I was looking forward being finally able to work in a trustful color environment. Unfortunately I found that the Monitor has a red tint out of the box, so that pure white looks a little bit pink and 50% grey is also not free of red (even with the built-in test patterns and no input cable plugged into the device).

HP sent me a new display after calling their support hotline, but same result, also reddish. Now they pretend that this is a typical if the monitor is not calibrated and that I need the HP calibration tool in order to have the right color balance. I think this a shame for a so called professional 10 bit device with all the main color spaces integrated.
Can some of you tell me your experience? Is it usual that the dreamcolor is delivered with such wrong colors? Do you think it will be correct after calibrating with the HP calibration tool? Or is this more a manufacturing error? Thank you for help!

Return to posts index

Andrew Evans
Re: HP Dreamcolor z27x factory calibration reddish / red tint
on Oct 24, 2015 at 9:45:23 pm
Last Edited By Andrew Evans on Oct 24, 2015 at 9:54:16 pm

I just got the 24in version a couple days ago. Besides a dead pixel i've been pretty happy with it. I use it with the ultrastudio mini monitor via hdmi. In sRGB color space it looks nearly identical to my iMac display, deff no red tint.

Return to posts index

samer mahmoud
on Mar 2, 2016 at 7:08:56 am

i have the same issue, and im really pissed off. i had to pay extra to ship this monitor overseas. i have the calibration tool and same issue, the image is reddish, still have one thing to try and sadly it will cost me money too, which is to get SDI to HDMI converter,

Return to posts index

Michel Gallone
on Mar 23, 2016 at 12:26:20 am

Same experience with one of my client who has 2 of them.
It seems they became even more reddish overtime.

The client did not complain for years but now the monitors have become so reddish it is unbearable.

I guess he has the choice to either send them to be recalibrate or recalibrate them himself with the right tools.

Michel Gallone
Sowatt Music sàrl
Music Post and Shooting
http://sowattmusic.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]