FORUMS: list search recent posts

Fusion and OFX Support

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Mathis
Fusion and OFX Support
on Oct 1, 2015 at 10:33:04 am

While waiting for Studio for Mac OS X, I would like to see expanded OFX support, perhaps something from Red Giant and others. Otherwise, very pleased with Fusion overall, great software! Kudos to the team!

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Fusion and OFX Support
on Oct 6, 2015 at 12:51:39 pm

Where are you finding the time David? In trying to cut the Adobe cord I've had to learn Motion, and still keep up with AE. And before that of course ditch legacy and learn X and some Premiere. Now I'm digging in with Resolve (which is kinda useless for much real edit work without at least Universe OFX plugs) and I've done a tutorial on Fusion but sounds like you're already using it for work! What are you using it for? MoGraph? Compositing?

Return to posts index

David Mathis
Re: Fusion and OFX Support
on Oct 6, 2015 at 1:42:46 pm

Doing this on a hobby level right now and mainly motion graphics with some finishing.

Sadly, it seems that something has gone crazy under the latest OS X, trying to sort it out. I render out a QuickTime movie, trying all the ProRes codecs available only to find out that QT Player will not open them, likewise they won't open up in FCP X either. Oddly enough, if I render out uncompressed it will be fine in QuickTime player but shows up black in Final Cut Pro for reasons unknown.

I did take a look at the file size and it shows up 0 KB when I right click to show info on the file. Never had this problem under Yosemite, it has shown up under El Capitain for reasons not yet known. I do realize that Fusion is still in beta for Mac, so guessing this might be an OS X support issue. Hoping to hear back from someone soon on the Blackmagic Design website.

I did the usual clean install, erasing the drive prior to upgrading. One thing I noticed is there is no way to repair permissions using the Disk Utility application. Perhaps that feature has been removed. Something else, don't try to erase free space as you will wind up erasing the entire drive. It feels like a new version of Windows Vista all over again. Apple seems to being losing touch and innovating too fast, all of which leads to buggy software. Adobe is not alone in this arena, having a feeling that with fast development, software with issues will become an increasing problem. Not picking on Apple or Adobe, just giving an observation. Granted this post went a bit off topic but feel there is relevant information to share.

On a side note, been trying out the non-commercial version of Nuke Studio, which has a stronger learning curve. Hoping that the good folks at BMD will make something similar happen with Resolve and Fusion. That would save time and create some additional competition. Of course the other software is aimed at the very high-end market, nothing wrong with that.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]