FORUMS: list search recent posts

URSA Mini - any updates on a shipping date?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Darren Burgess
URSA Mini - any updates on a shipping date?
on Jul 22, 2015 at 10:09:32 am

Hi there; first post so please forgive me if it is in the wrong place, a stupid question or I've just effectively committed the forum etiquette equivalent of pulling down my pants at a cocktail party!

I've very recently decided to take the plunge and start my own video production business (part time) after years of dabbling/messing around. As part of that I have 'treated myself' to the URSA Mini.

I know that the websites are still stating shipping in July, but I wondered if anyone has any further updates on this as there are only 9 days of July left?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Chad Pearson
Re: URSA Mini - any updates on a shipping date?
on Jul 22, 2015 at 7:21:50 pm

Only Blackmagic would have those details and they are never (NEVER) accurate. Do not listen to anything their marketing department says, including (but not limited to) what features will or will not be in the product (or are half working) and when / if it will ever ship.

Return to posts index

Rick Lang
on Jul 23, 2015 at 12:52:02 pm

Darren, at the BMD event in NYC July 22nd, a rep stated the URSA Mini camera and the new 4.6K sensor would ship late August or early September. This is just their current estimate and could change. Normally, in the past, BMD ramps up production slowly, so the first shipments, including the 4.6K turret, will be relatively few in number. As they receive customer feedback on those units, then the next shipments a few weeks later will be larger but there will still be a backlog of preorders that may take several months to clear, When the second round of production begins, you could begin phoning smaller retailers to see if they have any stock; that's the fastest way you'll get a Mini if you didn't preorder in April.

Rick Lang

iMac 27” 2.8GHz i7 16GB

Return to posts index

Mikey Pounds
on Jul 23, 2015 at 9:08:53 pm

Hey guys,
Yeah I ordered mine back in April and just last week got an email from B&H about the back order. They just said "sorry but your item is still not shipping". So I inquired about any info they have received from BM and they answer with:

"Thank you for contacting the Customer Service Department at B&H Photo Video and Pro Audio.

I apologize that you are still waiting for this. As of now, we have received notification from our vendor that we might get these towards the end of this month. The notification also indicates we will get enough to cover all backorders.

Of course this is not a guarantee but just an estimate based on the info we have received from our vendor.

Please let us know if you require any further assistance.

Thank you, we appreciate your business"

So... yeah probably another month.

Return to posts index

Mikey Pounds
on Jul 24, 2015 at 10:42:52 pm

And there's this

Return to posts index

Darren Burgess
on Jul 28, 2015 at 11:25:47 am

Thanks for all the responses guys; much appreciated.

I have actually now received official confirmation of the delay to end Sep...... might be looking at a Xmas present here?!?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]