FORUMS: list search recent posts

Decklink HD Extreme 3D and Premiere Pro CC 2015 - Any effects benefits?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Julius Miller
Decklink HD Extreme 3D and Premiere Pro CC 2015 - Any effects benefits?
on Jul 13, 2015 at 3:28:39 am

Ok sorry if silly question but....

I have a Mac Pro 5.1 and a Decklink HD Extreme 3D card editing with Premiere Pro CC 2015. I mainly edit XDCAM and Canon DSLR footage (a bit of GoPro here and there).

I basically just use the Decklink card for display to external monitors (SDI and component) - this works fine.

My question is can I get any processing benefits from the Decklink card? This is quoted from the Blackmagic website:

"DeckLink is the highest quality editing solution for Premiere Pro CC with full support for the Mercury Playback engine for massive range of RT effects. Included are a full suite of Premiere plug-ins..."

NOTE - mention of "massive range of RT effects" and "full suite of plug-ins"

How do I unleash all these RT effects?

Do I have to have a sequence with the Blackmagic presets to do this? I have tried this and it does not seem to make a difference to the number of RT effects I get comparer to say a XDCAM EX sequence.

Do I have to have captured my footage through the BM card to make use of it whilst editing???

Is the fact that it is just in my machine helping things along???

I am not complaining about the card or anything but just want to know if I am using it to its full potential (I am pretty sure I am not!).

Thanks for any advice.

ps - should this be in the Adobe forum instead?

Julius

Return to posts index

Chad Pearson
Re: Decklink HD Extreme 3D and Premiere Pro CC 2015 - Any effects benefits?
on Jul 13, 2015 at 7:04:11 pm

That is all marketing BS. Decklink cards are not graphics cards and have no GPU, and therefore do not do ANY processing themselves. The blurb about "support" for the Mercury Playback engine is just fluff meaning that whatever graphics card/GPU you use to process your project will pass straight through to the "dumb" output of your Decklink card.

Return to posts index

Julius Miller
Re: Decklink HD Extreme 3D and Premiere Pro CC 2015 - Any effects benefits?
on Jul 13, 2015 at 10:58:11 pm

OK Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]