FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multi-port power supplies

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Gregorio
Multi-port power supplies
on Jun 18, 2015 at 1:53:58 am

Is anyone using a multi-tap 12 volt power supply such as the Kramer VA-100p for BMD minconverters and monitors?
Or, any recommended products to reduce the number of wall warts (or more importantly reduce the number of blocked outlets) while still keeping a nice clean install?
Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Multi-port power supplies
on Jun 19, 2015 at 7:04:14 pm

you will not like this answer.
I do not have a solution for the mini converters that you own. Perhaps the Kramer will work - certainly a custom generic 12VDC power supply with a custom cable breakout would work.

These are the Blackmagic solutions -
1) buy an OpenGear chassis and the Blackmagic cards that fit into this chassis (Analog to SDI, SDI to Analog, etc.). Then you have a very clean installation. Of course, this costs more money, and of course, you already own the existing converters.

2) use the new (unreleased) Mini Teranex converters. All of these new converters use a normal power cord, and can also be powered from a POE ethernet switch.

Bob Zelin

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
bobzelin@icloud.com

Return to posts index

David Gregorio
Re: Multi-port power supplies
on Jun 21, 2015 at 4:27:28 am

Thank you Bob,
I appreciate the info. I'll stick w/ the wall warts rather than experiment w/ the Kramer.
Those mini terenex's look great. I notice a lot of the newer BMD gear is going w/ internal supplies, which is nice.
Thanks for taking the time to reply.
dg

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]