FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio/Video Sync issue w/ Hyperdeck Studio

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Amy Rosado
Audio/Video Sync issue w/ Hyperdeck Studio
on Jun 11, 2015 at 7:01:42 pm

Hello,

I am posting for the first time and a noobie so please bear with me. We (hubby and I) installed an audio/video system in a church. We are having issues with the video falling behind the audio on playback. For a 2 minute recording, it starts to lag after about 30 seconds to a minute. For a 5 minute recording, it starts to lag later. When a full hour service is recorded, it starts to lag after 4-5 minutes. With all recordings, the lag becomes worse and worse. Think of Japaese dubbing. It's almost laughable when watching it.

Here is the set up: There are 2 Vaddio HD 19s running into a Vaddio Productionview joystick and then to 2 component to HDMI converters. From the converters, it goes into a PureLink PM 8X Matrix. Also going into the matrtix is the audio mixer, PC, & Bluray player. The Bluray is fed to the audio mixer. The PC is connected to the audio mixer as well. Coming out of the matrix is a BMD Hyerdeck Studio and several TVs. I have a PDF flow plan if someone would like to see it to help.

I believe there is a frame rate issue. All the TVs are set to 1080p. The cameras are set to 720p/59.94 (there are alternate settings we can change to if necessary). However, I was informed that the BMD Hyperdeck Studio's frame rate is 23.97 or 24 fps. Could this be the issue with the lag or is there something I'm missing? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!!

Amy

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Audio/Video Sync issue w/ Hyperdeck Studio
on Jun 11, 2015 at 10:35:11 pm

as a general answer, EVERYTHING must match - the camera HD rate (720 or 1080 - and 1080i, 1080p, 720p), and your frame rates must match -
23.98, or 59.94 (which is the same as 29.97). You cannot "mix and match" frame rates or resolutions.

Try setting everything the same, and your problems should go away.

It also sounds like you are going thru a LOT of converters, yet your audio is going directly in - are you using the HyperDeck Pro with the external XLR input connectors ? All the video conversion that you do, and the Matrix all adds propogation delay. The more junk you stick between the video - if the audio is not delayed the exact same amount - you will have a delay issue.

Bob Zelin

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
bobzelin@icloud.com

Return to posts index

Amy Rosado
on Jul 2, 2015 at 12:56:00 am

Thank you Bob for responding! I really don't consider 2 converters to be A LOT! LOL One was needed for each camera. At this point, I wish we had gotten the PRO from BMD. The point of the matrix was to bring everything together (audio and video) before it went to the BMD Hyperdeck. We were told by someone that a cross converter would help solve the issue. Your thoughts? Thanks again. Sorry it took so long to reply back to you!

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
on Jul 2, 2015 at 10:17:14 pm

Can you remove the bluray player from the chain? The reason I ask is, I ripped a Harry Potter bluray disk to put on an Alcorn McBride Binloop for Universal Orlando's Forbidden Journey attraction. At the last minute they decided not to use a serial controlled bluray player and use an unused channel on the binloop to play in the baby swap room video in the attraction. When I put the rip into sony Vegas Pro video editor to render to the correct format for the binloop, I had the same exact same sync issue you described. Every two minutes or so, I would have to find a quiet spot in the audio and delete a few frames of audio and slide the remaining audio back over to meet where I cut it. It took several hours but it's still playing there now.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]