I am hoping for some advice about my needs and this forum appears to attract very experienced and knowledgeable people so thank you for any help in advance.
- I have a rackmount video processor which only accepts SDI in/out
- I need to output SDI standard definition PAL (from a win7-64 PC) to this video processor and simultaneously capture it's 720p50 output (using the same Win7-64 PC)
- therefore I am looking to buy one or two Win7/64-compatible SDI expansion cards
- are there any other/lower-cost options than a Decklink SDI 4K ? e.g. would a Decklink Mini Monitor paired with an Osprey SDI capture card do the job ? (I understand multiple Decklink cards cannot be used in the same workstation)
- are there any other low cost duplex SDI cards out there (with Win7-64 drivers) that will do the job ?
- is there any editing software that can send/return over duplex SDI ? (Is it unusual to send and return in this way using just the one PC ?)
- can anyone with a similar set up (involving SDI duplex send/return on a single PC) mention any other issues I should know about ?