I'm hoping someone from BMD or a forum user who has had experience with this can shed some light on this. I'm having a horrible time outputting CEA-608/708 Closed Caption data from Premier Pro CC 2014 to HDCAM-SR via HD-SDI.
The tapes are 23.98, I'm using MacCaptions Pro to create both/either .mcc 608/708 files and also using Mac Captions to insert into the file directly. Using a Black Magic 4k Extreme in OS X 10.8.5. When I play back the timeline with the CC's the CC's play out correctly via HD-SDI and in the Premier Pro viewer. However, when I attempt an Edit to Tape no Closed Captions are output. I end up needing to use a Clipster to output the QT PRHQ with VANC. This works, but i really need to get the Premier Pro workflow up and running.
I've also not been able to get the BMD cards to capture Closed Caption data. I have an old Kona 3 card that works when for capturing video with Closed Caption data via HD-SDI.
I often need to do spot fixes and insert Closed Caption spot fixes, however, this is turning out to be a nightmare x2.
I tried installing the Kona 3 card that I used to capture in the rig that has the BMD card, but that card had other problems. The Kona 3 was able to output the CC VANC data, but I was unable to get frame accurate inserts with the Kona 3. I know, makes NO SENSE. The card could be bad, it is very old.
I had thought that Mac Captions (the 6K version) was supposed to be able to insert to tape, but it looks like they intend for you to use an NLE with it.
I've scoured the forums for this and I found others having similar issues with closed captions, but not exactly the problem I'm having and no solutions yet.