I am thinking about changing my production workflow. At the moment I have an EX3 and PMW300 and record straight to SxS disks that are then transferred and logged on an editing suite. I work with another editor who does all the logging, We have to process quite a lot of footage.
I am wondering about changing my workflow to be like this.
1) 2 hyperdeck shuttles with a bunch of SSD cards.
2) Take more advanced notes while shooting.
3) Edit directly from the SSD cards, Via USB 2 card reader (I have concerns about the speeds of this)
4) Share EDLs for multiple workstation editing while working from the same cards.
4) Back up all footage on server during non work times.
5) Delete all footage from disks after edits finished.
The advantage for me is the reduction of all the logging time, and the ability to capture from both cameras in the same codec and quality. My main concern is the transfer speeds via usb2.0 for editing direct from the disks. Or maybe there is a eSATA solution for plugging the SSd cards into the computers?