FORUMS: list search recent posts

How can one record a hdmi output of a non-standard screen resolution On blackmagic

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Boz Acres
How can one record a hdmi output of a non-standard screen resolution On blackmagic
on Mar 23, 2015 at 3:22:29 pm

Hello all,
You wonderful people. I have a very strange resolution 1280x800. Which is apparently 24p. Although not sure.
I need to record the live feed off the device from Black magic media express. The trouble is as it is not a normal video resolution it is not recognizing it.
So...as I would any device I match up the devices in design control panel and media express but to no avail.

Any idea how I can record a live feed?

I have a blackmagic intensity pro and a blackmagic intensity pro 4k Plus a ninja blade. All HMDI leads re tested and working.

A basic TV will recognize the output but not the recording devices I have.

Any awesome ideas?

Cheers Boz

Return to posts index

Jim Sustacek
Re: How can one record a hdmi output of a non-standard screen resolution On blackmagic
on Mar 25, 2015 at 5:24:57 pm

Unfortunately, if it really doesn't conform to the accepted Blackmagic inputs, you can't do it without another device in between.

We have a similar issue in capturing classroom HDMI feeds -- the source computers change frequently, and might not conform to standards. So we need a scaler in between to scale it to a constant 720p60 or whatever. We use the Kramer VP-422 scaler.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]