FORUMS: list search recent posts

Black Magic vs Matrox vs AJA

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sarah Furie
Black Magic vs Matrox vs AJA
on Mar 10, 2015 at 12:18:46 am

I am trying to set up an Avid system. I am using Media Composer 7 and the new mac trash can. I need the audio to go out of the Avid and in to my speakers and video to my external TV monitor. I have been using the Black Magic Design and it has been so finicky. I was wondering what people were using today for a LOW BUDGET film/movie and what has been working most flawlessly

Also, what is the difference between having an external box vs a card?

Return to posts index

Bill Ravens
Re: Black Magic vs Matrox vs AJA
on Mar 10, 2015 at 3:04:48 am
Last Edited By Bill Ravens on Mar 10, 2015 at 3:07:42 am

I'm using an AJA IO4k and couldn't be happier with the performance.I was using a Matrox box but gave up on it because it was finicky and didn't keep up to date with Avid version releases. I, also, have a BMD HD box, never bought into the BMD 4K box because of the problems with it I've read about. Unfortunately. the IO4K won't work with proprietary BMD Davinci resolve, which is the only reason i got the HD box from BMD.

Return to posts index

Kannan Raghavan
Re: Black Magic vs Matrox vs AJA
on Mar 11, 2015 at 2:37:14 am

Hi Sarah,
I've been using the Blackmagic Ultrastudio express with my retina MacBook Pro for a long time now. I don't use the MC though. With PrPro CC, FCP 7 and FCP X the BM performs as it should with no problems. It should perform well with the MC too with the right drivers and software.
BMD make really good products at reasonable prices. I was using the AJA IOHD and Matrox MX02 LE before I switched to the Ultrastudio express. The main reason I switched was because of the form factor, the BMD is really easy to carry in a laptop bag which was pretty important to me. Also, it is bus powered.

Kannan Raghavan
The Big Toad Films Pte. Ltd.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]