FORUMS: list search recent posts

ATEM TV Switcher -Suggestions on which SDI based monitor for use in Multiview?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Al Bergstein
ATEM TV Switcher -Suggestions on which SDI based monitor for use in Multiview?
on Feb 28, 2015 at 10:20:21 pm

I'm needing to get rid of the HDMI multi view feed and go to SDI based on problems I'm having with that port. What is the recommended solution for use on smaller podiums? I don't want a battery operated HDMI>SDI adapter, as the concerts I'm broadcasting run for 3 or 4 hours with multiple acts.

What do folks like for reasonable prices? We are talking just a switcher output, not color correction.

Al

Return to posts index

Chad Pearson
Re: ATEM TV Switcher -Suggestions on which SDI based monitor for use in Multiview?
on Mar 2, 2015 at 8:40:52 pm

Blackmagic makes a couple of rack-mount SDI monitors. Or you could get an SDI based "camera mount" monitor like a SmallHD or even a Marshall. They come in sizes anywhere from 4 to 10 inches

Return to posts index

Al Bergstein
Re: ATEM TV Switcher -Suggestions on which SDI based monitor for use in Multiview?
on Mar 2, 2015 at 9:11:18 pm

Thanks Chad. I have a small Marshal now. I see that BM has a field unit that can be battery or AC powered that allows you to hook up an SDI feed to the output (like the ATEM) and then attach the conversion farther upstream. That allows you to use any HDMI monitor. It's like $300. That might be a more useful tool, so I can pick a monitor that fits the space in the field. I'll start with that, unless folks have bad experiences with it.

Al

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]