FORUMS: list search recent posts

HDMI Distribution

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Cunningham
HDMI Distribution
on Feb 11, 2015 at 1:27:10 pm

I'm trying to take an HDMI feed from MBP(PowerPoint)and distribute that signal to an ATEM M/E1 and two floor monitors.

The HDMI directly from the MBP to the ATEM works great, but when I run that signal into a Comprehensive 1x4 the HDMI signal out no longer works in the ATEM. (BTW, the distributed signal does work in the floor monitors. Also, the run is less that 25 feet) Has anyone found a 1x4 HDMI distribution amp that will work for the situation I've outlined above?

BTW, I have figured out a work around looping the HDMI signal in and out of a Decimator MD-HX, HDMI going to the distribution 1x4 and the converted SDI going to the ATEM. This does work, but it would be nice to have a 1x4 that doesn't seem to mess w/ the HDMI signal.

Thanks,
Jim

Comprehensive HDMI Splitter CDA-HD400
(HDMI feed from)MBP15 late 2012 - OSX 10.9.5
ATEM ver 3.5 on a MBP 17 - OS 10.7.5

Return to posts index

Jim Cunningham
Re: HDMI Distribution
on Feb 12, 2015 at 2:33:12 am

As a follow up, I'm learning a lot about EDID (Extended Display Identification Data), which may be the cause of the problem. There seems to be distribution amps that allow the EDID to be managed and adjust the output to be set by the first device the amp is plugged into. I suppose there are probably also dip switch type systems.

If and when I figure this out I'll post.

In the meantime, it would be good to hear from anyone doing similar types of production -- what might be best practice.

Cheers,

Jim

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]