FORUMS: list search recent posts

ProbIems Installing Intensity Pro Card in Case and Slot

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vladimir Beltran
ProbIems Installing Intensity Pro Card in Case and Slot
on Jan 30, 2015 at 1:04:20 pm

I installed a new Blackmagic Design Intensity Pro PCIe card on my ASUS M5A97 R2.0 motherboard with AMD FX 8350 CPU. I am running Window 7 64 Bit Professional with 16 GB RAM. I have an XFX R7260X 2 GB video card installed.
I have heard from many people that it will not work with any AMD CPUs but I have been able to get it to work by increasing the Northbridge PCIe voltage on the motherboard. It is recognized by the OS and installs perfectly. I have been able to capture analog video in uncompressed format.
The issue I am presently having is the way the card physically sits in the slot on the motherboard. I tried to use each of the two PCIe 2.0 x1 slots and each of the two PCIe 2.0 x16 slots. When I installed it in these slots, I noticed that when the card is fully seated in the slot, there is about a ¼” gap between the mounting bracket and the back of the case. I cannot fasten the card and secure it with the bracket screw. When I try to tighten the screw, the card gets partially pulled out of the slot and when I reboot the system it is not recognized. Has anyone else experience this situation? If so what did you do to remedy\fix this.
For some reason, the card will only work on the X1 and X16 slots that are closest to the CPU. Does anyone have an explanation for this? This is only a minor inconvenience. I have to move my video card to the second X16 slot.
The only way I have been able to get the card to work is by putting my PC tower on its side, installing the card in the X1 or X16 slot and carefully installing the breakout cables. Then I have to reboot and hope that it gets recognized by the OS. I usually have to do this several times before it works. It’s all trial and error. As soon as I find a position that works, I try to install the screw to hold it in place without moving it and then it loses connection on the next reboot. If I do manage to fasten the card down, as soon as I move the PC in the vertical position, the card loses connection again and then I have to start the process all over again.
I acquired a second used Intensity Pro from EBay thinking that I would get one that fits better but it also has the same issue with the bracket.
This is very frustrating. The card works very well on my system when I can get it to work.

Return to posts index

Roy Gilbert
Re: ProbIems Installing Intensity Pro Card in Case and Slot
on Feb 1, 2015 at 5:50:32 pm

Same problem with mine. Ridiculous really. No solution I'm afraid, just lots of blue screens when I knock the case.

Return to posts index

Vladimir Beltran
on Feb 1, 2015 at 10:23:22 pm

Hello Roy,

I have good news. I was able to fix it by buying a PCIe X1 Riser card from Amazon.com . I took an extra expansion slot cover. The ones that cover the expansion slots on the back of a PC case. I then took a Dremel tool and cut slots in the back of it for the breakout cable and 2 HDMI ports. I cut these slots so that they are in the reverse direction of the original Intensity Pro bracket. This new bracket that I made allows me to install the card upside down in an empty slot. I then used the Riser card from Amazon and plugged it into my PCIe X1 slot and then plugged the other end on to my upside down card. The trick is you have to drill the screw holes into the upside down bracket so that the card does not touch the motherboard and empty slot. I have photos.

Return to posts index

Vladimir Beltran
on Feb 1, 2015 at 10:35:11 pm
Last Edited By Vladimir Beltran on Feb 1, 2015 at 10:55:18 pm

Here are the photos.

The PCIe X1 riser card and ribbon cables can be found on Amazon.
Search for
"Bplus KZ-B21 (P21S-P21F) : High speed PCI-E Express Extender 1x Riser Externder Card". I know... extender is spelled wrong but that is the exact desciption for the item.

Return to posts index

Roy Gilbert
on Feb 1, 2015 at 11:12:51 pm

Wow, amazing work. Thanks for that!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]