FORUMS: list search recent posts

Setup recomendation for Atem TVS switcher

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Leonardo Simoes
Setup recomendation for Atem TVS switcher
on Nov 4, 2014 at 4:56:21 am

Hi guys thanks in advance for your time.

Well a priest friend of mine asked me to resolve technically all the requirements for a Internet/TV 1 hour show, where people discuss themes relevant for the comunity.

The output is to Youtube at 1080p, and if possible We would like to stream live also.

I've never deal with atem switchers so I need help.
sorry for my English.

There is not a big budget we have $5,500 dll for all:

3 to 6 people, good sound is a must. I was thinking in 6 Shure - SM93 wired mic's
It´s necessary to record all for fail safe so ZOOM h6 came to mind with the extra 2 xlr input adapter.
Later we will use this same setup to record Sunday celebration with music and musicians so a 10 channel yahama MG10 mixer is also considered.

Because there are very limited staff, I was considering an automixer but here is, where doubts come in to play severely.

First, good automixer is too expensive for this budget, second I found this http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/884685-REG/Behringer_ma6000m_13_In_Au... and in the paper it might just work but really I'm not sure so someone please share some thoughts.

Do you recommend some other setting for one or two men crew?
Also though of buying a bunch of http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/333336-REG/Galaxy_Audio_JIB_Y_JIB_Y_J... for splitting the mic signal in to the automixer and the recorder, leaving the phantom power on in the MA6000, and off in the zoom, (will this even work?)

As for the atem I've read for many ours many posts and the audio input for the atem TVS in a bit difficult, because we need to get the analog to digital converter plus the delay adjustment, http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/280608-REG/Behringer_DEQ2496_DEQ2496_... this is found to be all in one cheap solution is this correct will this be a secure buy?

OK as for video now, we need some low budget cameras for this so after many reviews and analyzing cameras the Panasonic HC-V250 was found to be a good all around winner because price/quality wise. I know this is really low end but after the SDI adapters http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/964935-REG/atomos_atomh2s002_1xh2s_co... each camera goes for $534 dll without cables and at least two are needed. What do you guys thing? Is it compatible with the TVS, does the cameras have enough quality?

OK so there is the full list
https://secure.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=wishListDetail_NEW.js...

I steel have some money left to buy a $400 dll laptop to run the Atem
And record the show.

Guys sorry for the extension of the post really all help will be much appreciated, THANKS A LOT

Return to posts index

Gary Adams
Re: Setup recomendation for Atem TVS switcher
on Nov 4, 2014 at 2:45:10 pm

Hello Leonardo. Since you say early on, you wish to produce 1080P, I would like to point out the ATEM Television Studio only does 1080i and 720P. The TVS does have the digital audio input which is easy to interface as you have stated. You may consider the ATEM Production Studio 4K which costs just a little more than the TVS but has capability for 1080P and has balanced analog audio in and out. Just a thought but I wanted to point out the TVS only does 1080i.

Regards, Gary

Gary Adams
DaVinci Revival Product Manager
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Leonardo Simoes
on Nov 6, 2014 at 3:26:16 pm

Thanks a lot for quick response, so you recommend the 4k version?

I really meant FULLHD(1080) p or i (sorry for that).

But as for the analog audio in you point out, thanks, may just by itself be worthy price wise.

What do you guys think is the audio delayer a must have for this switchers?
Because it is really important to have lipsync.

And anyone have tried the cameras mentioned above?

Thanks again

Return to posts index

Gary Adams
on Nov 6, 2014 at 3:44:43 pm

Many users find it necessary to add from 1-3 frames of audio delay to match the video. It is important to understand the ATEM TVS and Production Studio 4K will only have a delay from 1 line to 1 video frame as necessary to match up the sources. However, there are often external delays such as camera, projection or scaling that may be done outside of the switcher. There are ways to do this with either switcher model.

Regards, Gary

Gary Adams
DaVinci Revival Product Manager
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Leonardo Simoes
on Nov 11, 2014 at 4:44:19 am
Last Edited By Leonardo Simoes on Nov 11, 2014 at 4:46:24 am

Hi there again, just to update the post and to help others that may have found the same doubts.

I find there is a nice affordable solution haven't tried it yet but, based on reviews it seems perfect.

Presonus fire project, it has many mic and line entrances, you can mix them in a laptop or desktop, it includes the automixing technology, by using gates on the sources, below pre adjusted level. And also is capable of delaying the outputs so you can sync with the atem. I will run it with a mini midi/usb control interface, that as all manual adjustments and is very cheap.

It may require some learning curve but having all the needed tools in one rack space is great.

Also folowed Gary Adams advice by changing my ordet to the 4k version of the atem is is almost twice the price, but it offers more expandability on the analog and formats supported and more future proof all around.

Question is for the small cameras compatibility (Panasonic HC-V250), because I'm also buying an Sony PXW-X70 some more money was available for the setup and need to find if they will be compatible together.

And ultimately what media pool software do you guys recommend for laptop hdmi feed to the atem, was looking in to open source free options tried some in my current cpu but not quite pleased. Vmix free version is very easy to use but is limited to SD resolution.

Thanks a lot to you all and really appreciate your time and wise words.

PD.Sorry for my english

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]