FORUMS: list search recent posts

Record to Streams at a time with Blackmagic equipment

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alexander Ulmer
Record to Streams at a time with Blackmagic equipment
on Oct 29, 2014 at 10:24:53 am

Hi,

I hope I don't offend against good forum manners, if so, please apologize the novice.

My case is as follows: I am recording e-learning videocasts in a studio. I have one computer with an HDMI output on which the lecturer operates his presentation and a xf100 with HDMI output for the recording. One might say multi cam clips would cut it, my problem is, that the final video is picture in picture To be precise, the lecturer is recorded in front of a green-screen and the presentation inserted behind him after being scaled and cropped. So a multi cam clip with FCX does not help me further.

So I came up with the idea, that it would be handy to use a Blackmagic UltraStudio Express (or two) to record both streams from the camera and the lecturers computer simultaneously on the workstation. This would also facilitate the recording process since both streams could be started at the same time.

Do you think that my idea makes a little sense and maybe even how it could be realised?

Thank you in advance.

Alex

Return to posts index

Chad Pearson
Re: Record to Streams at a time with Blackmagic equipment
on Oct 29, 2014 at 6:51:01 pm

Yes, your idea makes sense, and is not uncommon. However you will need a peice of software to do the combining and compositing (green-screen) of the two sources. Something like Wirecast ($500) or vMix ($320). Both of those also have the ability to live stream the output to the internet as well.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]