FORUMS: list search recent posts

BMD Camera Converter Settings

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Toni Bihler
BMD Camera Converter Settings
on Sep 17, 2014 at 10:10:15 am

Hi there!

I checked some other threads but can't seem to find a straight answer to this question: Is there a way to change the output signal of a BMD Camera Converter from 1080p to 1080i?

I have a system setup that brings three camera sources and one laptop-source into a BMD Studio Converter and from there into an ATEM 1. Each signal runs through a Camera Converter. All signals are 1080i except for the laptop signal which is 1080p.

I downloaded the Blackmagic Converter Utility, but that does not give me any options regarding this problem.

Any hints, ideas etc?

Any help appreciated! Thanks!

Toni

Return to posts index

Chad Pearson
Re: BMD Camera Converter Settings
on Sep 17, 2014 at 8:18:46 pm

No. The camera converter does not alter the video signal as it passes through in any way. You will need to change the computer's display settings to output 1080i (try setting the computer to 1920x1080 29hz interlaced)

Return to posts index

Toni Bihler
Re: BMD Camera Converter Settings
on Sep 18, 2014 at 3:50:03 am

Thanks, I appreciate it! I can change the output settings on a Mac Book Pro to make it work (1080i 50Hz actually since I'm in Europe), but a DELL Workstation running Windows 7 gives me some problems. It only lets me set the signal output to 1920x1080 but doesn't specify if "i" or "p". I might have to look for a graphic-card driver that lets me do that.
So thanks again for the quick reply!
Toni

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]