FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intensity Pro PCIe or Shuttle Thunderbolt?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jerel Peterson
Intensity Pro PCIe or Shuttle Thunderbolt?
on Sep 9, 2014 at 3:32:59 am

I'm doing webcasts for my school. Right now I have 2 shuttles handling my camcorders (via USB 3.0). I also have 4 (sometimes 5) webcams connected to my PC.

I want a couple more webcams, but I'm out of USB bandwidth. So I want to move one of my camcorders off of USB 3 so I can add another webcam. My motherboard has a Thunderbolt header on it, so I could put in a TB card and get a TB shuttle-- or I could get a Pro PCIe card. I'm hoping that by putting one camcorder on a non-usb device, it would free up some USB bandwidth so I can get another webcam working.

Is there any reason to favor the Thunderbolt over the PCIe card (or vise versa)?

Return to posts index

Jerel Peterson
Re: Intensity Pro PCIe or Shuttle Thunderbolt?
on Oct 25, 2014 at 3:26:53 am

I ended up putting 3 PCIe Intensity Pro cards in to the computer, connected to 3 inexpensive HDMI camcorders. I get 6 good USB webcams and sometimes up to 8, although a lot of the time the last 2 to be added have dropped frame issues with Wirecast. It took me a long while to get to this point, but on the whole, I'm very satisfied with the Pro cards, and can live with (only) 6 working webcams.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]