FORUMS: list search recent posts

Out of range HDMI and Ultrastudio 4K

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jeremie galan
Out of range HDMI and Ultrastudio 4K
on Aug 17, 2014 at 1:54:35 pm

My project is 1080P25 i have a ultrastudio 4K outputing HDMI to an ASUS PB238Q ( native 1920x1080 that support 50hz), but i ve got out of range message...i believe it's a refresh rate issue ? is there any turnaround or should i change monitors ?

Return to posts index

EricBowen
Re: Out of range HDMI and Ultrastudio 4K
on Aug 18, 2014 at 2:48:05 pm

Go into the Blackmagic control panel and see if the default resolution is set to 25 frame. Also the Asus monitor may be limited to 24 frame or 30 frame on the HDMI. The manufacturers don't always include all frame rate options on the HDMI firmware depending on what region the monitor was built for. Monitors for NA are often more limited for frame rate options where as ones for Asia are not as an example.

Eric-ADK
Tech Manager
support@adkvideoediting.com

Return to posts index

jeremie galan
on Aug 19, 2014 at 12:44:05 pm

indead the monitor works when using 25p with the fsp settings, not in full 25p, and 24 and 23,98 aren't supported. I think i should change monitor right ?

Return to posts index

EricBowen
on Aug 19, 2014 at 2:40:34 pm

Yes what region are you purchasing from?

Eric-ADK
Tech Manager

Return to posts index

jeremie galan
on Aug 19, 2014 at 5:38:57 pm

i'm in Europe, France.
I ll work at 25p, but sometimes can have cinema work, that operate at 24 or 23.98.

heres the spec of the monitor ; it says 24hz horizontal min, and 50hz vertical min.
24hz horizontal should do...
http://www.asus.com/Monitors_Projectors/PB238Q/specifications/

Return to posts index

EricBowen
on Aug 20, 2014 at 10:32:38 pm

Yes but that is generic and HDMi firmware is often programmed outside of that. That is just the range the monitor can handle or one of the input options such as Displayport may have it but HDMI may not. Unfortunately the frame rate support is not standardized as all for the HDMi standard.

Eric-ADK
Tech Manager

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]