FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blackmagic, please add output conversion to your cards so that we can use them properly with Mercury Transmit

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Christie
Blackmagic, please add output conversion to your cards so that we can use them properly with Mercury Transmit
on Jul 17, 2014 at 6:40:13 am

I use my Intensity Pro with AE and Premiere. AE only outputs progressive scan. 1080P25 is not a standard and my monitors can't display it. Please add output conversion to your cards.

I have no problems in Resolve- I just choose to output 1080 25PSF and it doesn't matter what resolution or frame rate my timeline is.

Before Adobe introduced Mercury Transmit it was workable, though annoying that I had to work in an interlaced timeline to be able to output to my monitors. Now, I can't even use my monitors when working in AE.

Thankyou.

Daniel

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Blackmagic, please add output conversion to your cards so that we can use them properly with Mercury Transmit
on Jul 20, 2014 at 5:52:41 am

I just set up a 1080p25 comp and set my output to 1080i in AE. Works just fine. I'm using the Ultrastudio Express.

Return to posts index

Daniel Christie
Re: Blackmagic, please add output conversion to your cards so that we can use them properly with Mercury Transmit
on Jul 20, 2014 at 6:07:21 am

Interesting. Where did you set 1080i? The new mercury transmit doesn't allow selection of output format (it's inherited from the comp) and the default setting and conversion settings in the Decklink control panel have no effect.

Cheers,

Daniel

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Jul 20, 2014 at 6:12:13 am

My bad I didn't catch that. I haven't used the latest CC. I'm back on my AE CS5 at the moment because I don't feel like renting software anymore. Progress sucks huh? Yep, CS5 works just fine and will output a 1080p25 as 1080i.

Why don't you just work in 1080i sequence and just render as 1080p25. No biggie.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Jul 20, 2014 at 6:13:17 am

For AE at least that is.

Return to posts index

Daniel Christie
on Jul 20, 2014 at 6:17:42 am

Yep. Never had any problem with CS6, but they've completely re engineered the output module in the latest version.

Return to posts index

Brad Bussé
on Aug 4, 2014 at 8:47:05 pm

The latest beta driver (10.1.3) helped getting Mercury Transmit working properly with Premiere CC 2014, but I'm not having such luck with AE CC 2014. I'm using an Ultrastudio 4K, and my current project is 1080p 29.97. The preview monitor on the front of the Ultrastudio unit displays the output, but the TV connected to the HDMI output of the Ultrastudio isn't able to receive the signal.

BMD, please fix this for the final release of 10.1.3.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]