FORUMS: list search recent posts

After Effects CC 2014 + UltraHD Comps

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Orlowski
After Effects CC 2014 + UltraHD Comps
on Jun 29, 2014 at 1:52:31 pm
Last Edited By James Orlowski on Jun 29, 2014 at 6:41:40 pm

Seems like my install of AE CC 2014 won't downconvert UHD comps to HD for viewing via my UltraStudio Mini Monitor to my HD monitor. AE CC (previous version) did.

I'm running OSX with the 10.1.2 (latest) BM drivers.

In the previous version of AE CC, there was an option to downconvert in the "Video Preview" preference pane. In AE CC 2014, there isn't the same option ( see: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/280996/AECC2014_PreviewPane.png )

Am I missing something? Was this function moved or for some reason, disabled?

Return to posts index

Erik Lindahl
Re: After Effects CC 2014 + UltraHD Comps
on Jul 2, 2014 at 5:39:58 am

Adobe CC 2014 uses a new video output pipine called Mercury Transmit that, in theory at least, works in similar fashion as video output does from Premier Pro.

I think the scaling feature you're talking about is something AE did internally before sending its image to the video output interface in previous version. Now the native image is sent thus the video hardware it self has to deal with any scaling or cropping required. I beilive the device you're talking about can't handle up or downscale.

I could be wrong but from the sounds of it this is what's happening. I would also argue if the above is the case it would be lovely for Adobe to add a "scale and crop" feature back as video hardware tends to be fussy about legal comp sizes.

The up-side of the new model is supposedly better perfromance and a true 10-bit output pipeline.

Return to posts index

James Orlowski
Re: After Effects CC 2014 + UltraHD Comps
on Jul 2, 2014 at 11:14:37 pm

If that's the case, I hope Adobe adds the function back. I, like probably many of you, don't have a 4K monitor to view my edits, but I find myself editing in 4K more and more.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]