FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blackmagic Design is not an option in Adobe Premiere Pro CC

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Golden
Blackmagic Design is not an option in Adobe Premiere Pro CC
on Jun 23, 2014 at 3:27:19 pm

I have searched forums galore but don't see my specific problem mentioned. I am running Blackmagic Design Desktop Video 9.9.2 software with my Mac Pro (OSX 10.9.2). I have the latest update of Adobe Premiere Pro CC (just downloaded on June 22). I am successful in playing back video to the desktop screen (within the workspace). Haven't tried external HDMI monitor from my BMD Decklink Studio card. I see audio on Premiere's meters but nothing is being output to my monitor (connected to the Decklink card). Final Cut X worked normally. iTunes works normally.
I looked at After Effects CC (newest version) and there is no BMD option there, either. No audio showing on meters and no audio heard.
Attached is a screen grab of what I see with Premiere's choices. What am I missing.
Greg Golden

Return to posts index

Peter Garaway
Re: Blackmagic Design is not an option in Adobe Premiere Pro CC
on Jun 23, 2014 at 4:30:48 pm

Hi Greg,

Do you have still have Premiere Pro CC 7.x.x installed? Currently Blackmagic's drivers do not see CC 2014 applications. You will need to do the following steps.

1. Uninstall Blackmagic driver
2. Install Premiere Pro CC
3. Install Blackmagic driver (recommend 10.1.1)

Hope that helps!

Peter Garaway
Adobe
Premiere Pro

Return to posts index

Greg Golden
on Jun 24, 2014 at 3:09:58 pm

Thank you for your reply to me. I carefully did each of these things in the order shown, and I have the indentical scenario as before.

1. Uninstalled BlackMagic Driver
2. Uninstalled Premiere Pro CC
3. Downloaded and installed BlackMagic Driver 10.1.1
3. Installed Premiere Pro CC

In my Mac System Settings, BlackMagic Audio is selected as the OUTPUT
In the Adobe Premiere Pro CC Preferences under "Playback" the "Audio Device" choices available are "Adobe Desktop Audio" (selected by default) and "Adobe DV". BlackMagic Audio is not listed here.
Looking at "Audio Hardware" in the Premiere preferences, the Adobe Desktop Audio choice is "System Default Input/Output". Under the Output Mapping, it is showing "Adobe Desktop Audio".

There are 16 OUTPUTS shown.

Any other things I should try?

Greg

Greg Golden

Return to posts index

Peter Garaway
on Jun 29, 2014 at 3:37:29 pm

Can you verify the Blackmagic plugins are located here:

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Plug-ins/7.0

Peter Garaway
Adobe
Premiere Pro

Return to posts index

Greg Golden
on Jun 30, 2014 at 2:01:40 pm

Hello, Peter --

In that "Common" folder under the "Plug-ins" sub-folder, this is all that I see.

What do I need to do to next? In the 7.0 folder (Media Core) there is nothing at all.

Greg

Greg Golden

Return to posts index

Peter Garaway
on Jun 30, 2014 at 3:17:44 pm

Are the Decklink.bundle files from Desktop version 10.1.2? If so, copy and paste those into the 7.0 MediaCore folder.

Peter Garaway
Adobe
Premiere Pro

Return to posts index

Mike Squires
on Jun 30, 2014 at 5:26:48 pm

The problem is that you did not install the software in the correct order, like was listed. You need to install the Blackmagic drivers last.

Since you have CC installed, simply uninstall the BMD drivers, reboot, and re-install the BMD drivers. That should fix it

Return to posts index

Greg Golden
on Jun 30, 2014 at 8:25:48 pm

Thank you, friends. All is working. I now have the BlackMagic options in audio and video playback within Premiere Pro. Whatever the precise solution was, the latest 10.1.2 Desktop Video version is now installed and in the right order.
I appreciate this so much!
Greg Golden

Greg Golden

Return to posts index

Richard Boghosian
on Sep 4, 2014 at 9:14:59 pm

Similar issue here. While the Blackmagic options are visible and checked in both the audio and video panes, only the audio is working- no video image via the BM Ultra 4K.

Richard Boghosian
Bogh AV Productions

AVID 7.03 MacPro late 2013 D-700 OS 10.9.2 32Gb ram BMD Ultra 4K BM Desktop 9.3.3

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]