FORUMS: list search recent posts

No Audio - UltraStudio

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Breuer
No Audio - UltraStudio
on Jun 16, 2014 at 10:14:57 pm

Just set up my new BMD UltraStudio Express on my iMac (running Mavericks). I can connect my camera through HDMI and get audio and video just fine. I cannot get analogue audio though. I connected my Mackie Mixer through the XLR cables on the breakout, but I cannot get anything to register, either within Media Express or System Preferences.

I set the input to various video connections plus analogue audio and even tried AES/EBU Audio. I also set my input in System prefs to BMD. Running out of things to try here, any thoughts?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Jeff Breuer
Re: No Audio - UltraStudio
on Jun 17, 2014 at 8:51:48 pm

In case anybody stumbles upon this post, the folks at BMD were able to help. I did not realize that you could not do an audio only connection. I plugged in my my camera to the HDMI port and set it to HDMI video/Analogue audio and everything worked fine. Here is the official word from BMD:

Are you trying to capture audio only by just sending audio and no video signal? If that's the case then the UltraStudio Express will not detect an audio only signal. All of our devices need a video signal in order to work. You can simply send black or color bars and strip the audio channel out afterwards but the signal needs to have video as well.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]