FORUMS: list search recent posts

Real-time remote video editing with BMD Intensity Pro?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonathan Hensley
Real-time remote video editing with BMD Intensity Pro?
on May 20, 2014 at 9:49:11 am

I don't think there is a way to do this, but this would be an awesome feature if BMD would implement it in their drivers. Someone please tell me though if there is a way to do this.

I use a service called Fuze to stream cuts of videos remotely to clients. The only problem with Fuze though is that the video needs to be exported from my NLE and uploaded, meaning any changes the client requests can't be seen by them in real time.

When my BMD Intensity is installed (I use it mostly as a client monitor) and Fuze is open, it recognizes the Intensity as a potential webcam. However, it can only stream video coming through one of the inputs on the Intensity, not video originating from Premiere or Avid through the BMD device.

I think it would be great if Blackmagic were able to allow webcam software to see video passing either direction through the Intensity, whether through the input or the output. It would enable remote preview of cuts by clients through services such as Fuze, and even Skype. I could use my iPad as my personal web camera and room audio, and set my work computer to stream real-time playback of the cut as I am working on it.

Does anyone know of a way to do this with the Intensity? Or do you have other solutions to holding remote edit sessions?

http://www.jshensley.com

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Real-time remote video editing with BMD Intensity Pro?
on May 25, 2014 at 3:23:13 pm

Here is a discussion about my setup from a couple of weeks ago. I'm sure it could be modified for different hardware, but using the same box to edit and stream on would be difficult as you are going to run into a conflict...feeding either your monitor, or the streamer.

http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/45/896802#896832

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]