FORUMS: list search recent posts

Servo Zoom on New Black Magic Studio Camera

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Coates
Servo Zoom on New Black Magic Studio Camera
on May 6, 2014 at 5:08:00 pm

My studio is looking to upgrade our cameras, and we've been looking at the new blackmagic studio cam. So far the only problem I've run into is trying to get a lens with servo zoom without spending $30,000.

My ideal setup would be with LANC control over the focus, iris, and zoom. Do we have to spend 30k to do this? I've found cheap lenses with servo, such as the panasonic lumix G X Vario lenses. But from what I've found, I wouldn't be able to control this (or any other MFT lens) through the LANC controls, not to mention we were really looking for a better lens. Is there no middle ground here between 400 bucks and 30 thousand?

A secondary question would be focusing through the LANC. Is pretty much any mft lens compatible with this or not? How about live autofocusing?

What lenses/adapters/whatever do we need to make this happen?

Return to posts index

Chris Schwalm
Re: Servo Zoom on New Black Magic Studio Camera
on May 11, 2015 at 11:30:25 pm

Return to posts index

Jose Lomeña
on May 12, 2015 at 3:11:29 pm

I have the same problem.

I think the best way is a converter to 2/3" and use same lens and remote than before.
https://www.abelcine.com/store/HDx1.4-Optical-Adapter-with-MFT-Mount/

I´ve not tested yet ibe hd1.4, they claim that you only loose about 1 stop, and you can use it full open without aberration. If this is true, for 3250$ can be an intermediate solution.
But my question is, how is possible a small lens adapter like this, can be sooo expensive?.

Anyone tried it?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Bill Ravens
on May 12, 2015 at 9:11:35 pm

You may not like my answer, but, I'll throw it out there, anyway. My kit has several Canon Zoom lenses. I have tried several wireless focus devices, settling on a Cinegear Wireless Focus and thumbwheel controller. The controller is very small, will auto-calibrate to the lens throw, and, has 2 definable presets for focus pulls or Zoom presets. For myself, it's a great solution because it is transferable to any lenses in my kit. Plus the added convenience of a wireless controller if an AC is available.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]