FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blackmagic vs AJA

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Stone
Blackmagic vs AJA
on Apr 30, 2014 at 3:56:39 pm

So when building a couple of new towers, I remember thinking, "I wonder why there's a price difference between the Blackmagic's Decklink cards and AJA's Kona cards." As a guy who's always used AJA, I was annoyed by them (long story) and decided to try a couple of the BM Decklinks and now I see why one's cheaper. In short, the AJA works. Period. The BM works, too. Sometimes. After closing and reopening the program a few times and only on even-numbered days.

Anyone else find their BM play out card fickle and annoying? Any tips before I rip them out and toss them? Firmware is up to date.

Return to posts index

Baz Leffler
Re: Blackmagic vs AJA
on May 1, 2014 at 12:46:53 am

Interesting ....

[Daniel Stone] "Anyone else find their BM play out card fickle and annoying? Any tips before I rip them out and toss them? Firmware is up to date."

I am the opposite. I had Aja on both PC and Mac and it was dodgy as!
Then I tried a Decklink and it worked straight off.

Since then I have about 20 different Blackmagic capture devices from Decklink extremes through to Multibridge Eclipses (my favourite is the Multibridge Extremes as it has built in down converter; I have 8 of those).

I sold most of my Aja's but still have one sitting in a box along side a late '80's PLUM card.

Baz

Return to posts index

EricBowen
Re: Blackmagic vs AJA
on May 1, 2014 at 6:47:28 pm

What driver version did you install for the Blackmagic card? There should have been a firmware update if you downloaded the latest.

Eric-ADK
Tech Manager
support@adkvideoediting.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]