<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Muncie
Blackmagic Design Decklink HD Extreme Crashing FCP7
on Apr 17, 2014 at 3:30:42 pm

Specs:

Macintosh: OSX 10.8.5
Processor: 2x 2.8 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
Memory: 32 GB 800 Mhz DDr2 FB-DIMMM
Projects Disk: External Ethernet Network Maxraid 15TB (Speed 120MB/sec)

Hey I'm new to this site and I finally have a question that can't be answered by browsing FAQs and preexisting threads.

It goes like this...

I have a Black Magic Decklink HD Extreme Card that goes out of my computer through BNC to component to 40" 1080 Progressive LCD Screen. When I send signal through FCP7 to the card through the "External Video" Option the signal is jittery and has constant black frames. This goes on and then crashes FCP or gives me a "Dropped Frame Error."

What I've done to remedy it that didn't work:

I. Update drivers
II. Change cords
III. Play with every possible Card and FCP setting.
IV. Had a technician "fix it" (Did what I did)

There were some instances where playing with the settings or updating the card got the signal going through fine, but usually when I turned on my computer the next day it wouldn't work giving me the same results.

What I ended up doing to remedy the situation was since I have two video cards in there and one takes up two power sources in the MAC I found I would have to buy two new graphics cards (Or one depending on it's output configuration)...so I ended up using a signal splitter which got the job done at a 5th of the cost.

What I'm asking is what the hell is wrong with my computer or did I do something wrong?

PS: CC Adobe Suite doesn't even recognize the card.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]