FORUMS: list search recent posts

Failed QC due to dropped frames. 29.97 in a 23.98 timeline. Will Teranex 2d fix my problem?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Lewis
Failed QC due to dropped frames. 29.97 in a 23.98 timeline. Will Teranex 2d fix my problem?
on Apr 10, 2014 at 2:25:11 am

I am currently working with stock footage from films whose editing timebase was 23.976. My timeline is also 23.976. The problem is, the film master contains shots that I know were either shot at 29.97 and either conformed with cinema tools to 23.976 and then sped back up to 125% to play realtime, or just simply dropped in the timeline and exported. This is causing the episode to fail QC due to dropped frames all over the place. For all intensive purposes I do not have access to a media managed version of the film. If I were to run the film masters, or perhaps my entire episode through the Teranex 2d, project settings at ProRes 422 1080p 23.976 for both playback and captures, would this fix my problem? What is the suggested workflow here. I doubt on the BMD thread I'm going to get any alternative software conversion suggestions, but will streamclip, Episode 6, or some sort of Red Giant software be a solution as well? Thanks for your help. Don't know why it's taken me 5 years to post to Creative Cow, probably because I can always find an existing thread that has my answer!

Return to posts index

Michael Lewis
Re: Failed QC due to dropped frames. 29.97 in a 23.98 timeline. Will Teranex 2d fix my problem?
on Apr 10, 2014 at 8:19:59 pm

UPDATE: At the above settings, the Teranex gives me an identical copy of my original footage. Is there any alternative setting that might give me some kind of advanced motion compensated frame interpolation?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]