FORUMS: list search recent posts

Ultra Studio Mini Monitor

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Maloney
Ultra Studio Mini Monitor
on Apr 5, 2014 at 9:50:23 pm

I'm using FCP7 and attempting to get the Mini Monitor to play back on HDMI. So far I only get a single frame static image, though the audio works perfectly. I've tried virtually every setting in the preferences panes, but still no motion video. I'm running Mac 10.9.2 on a 27" iMac (with Thunderbolt). I've selected "view all frames" and currently NTSC 8 bit. The image is nice, but sort of worthless for monitoring.

I've seen several posts of problems with the device. Just wondering what the proper settings are.
The software that came with the unit lacked any discussion about the UltraStudio Min Monitor, but provided a wealth of information on other BlackMagic products.

Any thoughts or solutions?

Mike Maloney
Maloney Marketing Group
maloneymarketinggroup.com
beartoothrecording.com
mmg.bz

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Ultra Studio Mini Monitor
on Apr 7, 2014 at 12:16:42 am

still frame ?
Your sequence setting must match the clip. So if you have DVCPro or h.264 files, and you are working with a ProRes sequence, you will see a still frame. You must "render all" and then you will see moving video.

For standard def NTSC, select an "Easy Setup" with a Blackmagic choice, and make sure that whatever compression codec you have for your camera media matches the sequence setting. Otherwise you will have to "render all". This very reason is why people have migrated away from FCP 7.

BobZelin

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
maxavid@cfl.rr.com

Return to posts index

Eric Sternberger
on Apr 29, 2014 at 9:13:07 am

Just got a Mini-Monitor as well. Plugged it into a new 6Core Mac Pro. First it looked like it worked:
The picture on the preview-monitor changed from Noise to black. Then system went wonky (Mouse didn´t react, Mouse arrow vanished, stuff like that). We rebooted, after that, the BM-Software didn´t see the mini monitor anymore. We unplugged it, used another port, no avail!
Is the unit faulty? Or is this product just crap?

Return to posts index

Mike Maloney
on Apr 29, 2014 at 4:02:37 pm

I have given up on the mini-monitor. The best I can ever get is a static image, never motion.
I tried virtually all of the BM codecs with a fistful of sequences. I gave up.

Mike Maloney
Maloney Marketing Group
maloneymarketinggroup.com
beartoothrecording.com
mmg.bz

Return to posts index

Eric Sternberger
on Apr 30, 2014 at 8:02:34 am

I Just testet it with my macbook - there it works flawlessly (after a little wonkyness during installation)
But that makes it even stranger: why doesn´t it play on the MacPro?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]