FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blackmagic Ultrastudio Mini Monitor Problem

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Eslinger
Blackmagic Ultrastudio Mini Monitor Problem
on Mar 26, 2014 at 5:20:53 pm

Anyone else having problems with the Ultrastudio Mini Monitor. I received mine yesterday, loaded the driver software, connected the box via thunderbolt to my 27"Imac and the box works. However my usb keyboard no longer does. If i try to type anything, it either lags, doesn't type at all or repeats the letter a hundred times. I found a thread on the Blackmagic forum that discusses the problem (http://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3576), but no one seems to have a solution... so... anybody have a solution for fixing this?

thanks!!

my comp info:

27" Imac (late 2012) with Apple Thunderbolt display
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048 MB
Processor: 3.4 Ghz Intel Core i7
Memory: 32 GB 1600Mhz DDR3
Software OSX 10.8.5 (12F45)
Cuda Driver Version: 5.5.25 (5.5.47 available but worried about problems)

Return to posts index

Kevin Eslinger
Re: Blackmagic Ultrastudio Mini Monitor Problem
on Mar 27, 2014 at 6:37:32 pm

Looks like I solved my own problem.

For future reference, I had my keyboard plugged in to my Apple Thunderbolt Display that runs... yes "thunderbolt" to my Imac. This was apparently creating a conflict with any USB devices connected to that display while the mini monitor was plugged in. Plugged my keyboard into the IMac USB port and "wah-lah" No more keyboard problems. Still doesn't resolve the issue with using USB ports from the display but at least I'm back in business.

Return to posts index

Robert Castiglione
Re: Blackmagic Ultrastudio Mini Monitor Problem
on Apr 26, 2014 at 2:25:00 am
Last Edited By Robert Castiglione on Apr 28, 2014 at 4:44:17 am

I have had exactly the same issues with the Mini Monitor software disabling USB functionality on my thunderbolt display . Reported issue to Blackmagic and seeing if they can resolve the issue. I will report back with the results.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]