FORUMS: list search recent posts

HyperDeck Studio TimeCode issues with Premier CC

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jud Archer
HyperDeck Studio TimeCode issues with Premier CC
on Mar 26, 2014 at 3:02:22 pm

I need to lay off from a Premier timeline to the HyperDeck Studio Pro 2 with matching time-code from the Premier timeline. In other words the old fashion "crash record" and "jam sync " time-code to incoming video. So far not working.

Signal path is iMac i7, Premier CC, Deck-link 4K output to BM 40x40 router to the HyperDeck. It refuses to see the timecode from incoming SDI signal. HyperDeck jog wheel menu set to >TimeCode >Incoming.

As an aside the same thing routed to the BM Audio monitor does not see the time-code. Is the router stripping time-code. What else am I missing?

Thanks

Jud Archer
Apple Systems Integrator

Return to posts index

Chad Pearson
Re: HyperDeck Studio TimeCode issues with Premier CC
on Mar 26, 2014 at 7:38:59 pm

I have the non pro version, so I'm not 100% sure, but the only thing I can think of is to check that it's not looking for LTC time code from the XLR input instead of embedded timecode.

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Mar 29, 2014 at 4:34:36 pm

Yup, i only get it to work when feeding timecode along the XLR to the TC in on the back. I've tried with Avid and from a sony HDCam deck. Once i plugged the deck up with xlr timecode, everything worked.

Not sure about premiere, but Avid doesn't send timecode through the SDI. Everyone has been blaming this for its not working properly with that device, but perhaps some of the blame needs to be shared by blackmagic.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Chad Pearson
on Mar 31, 2014 at 7:21:42 pm

The Hyperdeck WILL accept embedded timecode via SDI, that is how the non-pro versions work, but you have to tell it where to look for the timecode in the menu. For embedded timecode I think it's called "RP188" or something like that.

Return to posts index

Jud Archer
on Mar 31, 2014 at 8:33:20 pm

Thanks Chad. As I said in the original post "HyperDeck jog wheel menu set to >TimeCode >Incoming". And I think the key words are "SHOULD" be working.

-We have done a straight dub from a Sony tape machine with SDI embedded Time Code and the HyperDeck works.

-We have eliminated all the routing, patching etc. and done a straight run from edit machine out to HyperDeck and doesn't work. Won't even see the XLR version of Time Code.

So let's throw this in the mix:

Since we know HyperDeck is working with a tape deck transfer I'm backing up and thinking the problem is in the source feed, i.e.. the edit machine playback. 3 machines are running various flavors of Premier or Avid with DeckLink PCIe or Thunderbolt Decklink 4K. Timecode had been a known problem in the past with DeckLink cards/boxes in the past but was fixed around firmware version 9.3.something. Installed version 10.0 firmware for the Decklinks and like with most everybody on the planet it trashed the system. SO... rolled firmware back to 9.3.3 and all is well except this timecode doesn't seem to be spitting out of the Decklinks.

Might be time to start a new thread for Decklinks and TimeCode out??

Jud Archer
Apple Systems Integrator

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Apr 1, 2014 at 5:42:54 pm

I don't know about premiere, but i'm pretty sure the only way you will get timecode out of Avid is with an XLR cable, and a Nitris box.

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]