FORUMS: list search recent posts

ATEM Studio convertor

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nate Stephens
ATEM Studio convertor
on Mar 24, 2014 at 2:11:05 am

We have the new Studio convertor with the volume knob on the front. I have the old manual but it does not have the knob discription.

Where do I get an updated manual without fighting BMD regs. trap.

Or can anybody tell me all the functions of the knob. it seems to have a push function also.

The handheld mic with the ATEM studio Convertor I am using sounds like a noise gate is kicking in And maybe the knob controls that also...

FCP, Mac Pro, Mac Book Pro, HPX500, HVX200, Betacam, Dvcam
Write for the Edit, Shoot for the Edit, Edit.....KISS Principle

Return to posts index

Gary Adams
Re: ATEM Studio convertor
on Mar 26, 2014 at 3:35:13 pm

The knob is the volume control for the speaker. The manuals are available in the Support section of the web site. You may easily skip the registration process if you like.

Regards, Gary

Gary Adams
DaVinci Revival Product Manager
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Nate Stephens
on Mar 26, 2014 at 6:02:44 pm

Gary, thanks for your reply. BMD just replaced my Studio Convertor (bad xlr)in less than a week. I like your BMD support staff, so I replied to an earlier BMD support email and they mailed me the link. Thanks.

Is there a quick fast ATEM operation video tutorial available. Right now my biggest problem is understanding the networking part.

We have your ATEM1, Studio Convertor and Hyper Deck Studio in a 6-unit Gator rack and it is rocking. I turn it on and leave it on and it stays solid. With our HPX HD SDI cameras we have over 1,500 feet of Tactical camera cable.... this is solid, wonderful gear. My problem is fast trac training. How fast can I get the crew up to par? Any pointers.

Is it true, final question, Can I really use your DaVinci color correctors as on-location real-time camera shaders?

FCP, Mac Pro, Mac Book Pro, HPX500, HVX200, Betacam, Dvcam
Write for the Edit, Shoot for the Edit, Edit.....KISS Principle

Return to posts index

Gary Adams
on Mar 26, 2014 at 6:47:02 pm

Hello Nate. Glad you were able to sort it out. The best place for training for ATEM products is YouTube. There are many videos covering all aspects of the switchers from users. Of course specific questions may be answered via this and our forum.

The Resolve live grading is not a suitable replacement for video shading in the way you probably want to do it. It is designed for on set grading and defining "looks" for post production.

Regards, Gary

Gary Adams
DaVinci Revival Product Manager
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]