FORUMS: list search recent posts

Black Magic Intensity Shuttle - no video

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dustin Cluck
Black Magic Intensity Shuttle - no video
on Mar 17, 2014 at 6:34:18 am

Just got my shuttle, and I'm having major issues with it. the main purpose is to stream Wii U games via HDMI. I'm getting audio, and I'm getting pass through video (assuming I have the bmis as source on obs, amarectv, media express etc. working as intended??) But i'm getting no video on the pc side, only audio.

Motherboard is an Asus M5A97 R2.0, with usb3 ports. reinstalled the usb drivers, no help.

I've tried versions 10.0 and 9.7.5, no difference.

setting are:
output: all active
input: hdmi video and audio
7.5 ire
NTSC
off
off

my wii u is set to 720p.

tried with composite cables, no video.

anyone have any knowledge on what's going on?

Return to posts index

Jonathan Hensley
Re: Black Magic Intensity Shuttle - no video
on Mar 27, 2014 at 9:46:54 am

Hi Dustin,

Know that composite will not output at 720P. Only Component and HDMI can. It is odd that you're getting audio and not video. Is your audio running through HDMI or RCA?

I have three guesses.

Firstly, make sure the device is set to see the input from the HDMI source, not the component or composite source.

On a Mac, go to your system preferences, and at the bottom under "Other" select "Blackmagic Design". There should be an option to "Select Input." Make sure it is on your desired input.

Secondly, check the settings of Media Express to make sure they match your output. On a mac, go to "Media Express/Preferences/". Select a 720P option, and play around with the framerate.

Lastly, it is quite possible that the Wii U is outputting with HDCP (high-definition copyright protection). Blackmagic products honor HDCP and therefore won't display the image.

http://www.jshensley.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]