FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVI Extender+DecklinkDuo problem with an Extron MGP 464 DI

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alen Mecan
DVI Extender+DecklinkDuo problem with an Extron MGP 464 DI
on Mar 12, 2014 at 9:02:43 am

I was wondering if someone might be able to offer some advice on the problem I am having.
I am using a Blackmagic Decklink Duo card to capture to Millumin software for live events and everything is great.
I capture external sources like Sony X3 camera via HDSDI and can connect a single external DVI source through the Blackmagic DVI extender.
I want to use the Extron MGP 464 DI switcher to add more sources through the DVI extender, as the Extron has a DVI output.
The Extron is a great switcher/scaler and works great on its own, but I have been unable to make it work through the DVI extender.
If I connect any other source to the DVI converter, it will work perfectly, as long as I feed it one of the resolutions and refresh rates the Decklink Duo supports (720p 50/60 1080p 24/25/50/60 or just PAL or NTSC). I have tried laptops, PS3, DVD players etc, all are fine. Extron also outputs almost any resolutions you can imagine through its DVI main output and works perfectly with plasmas, monitors, projectors etc...
I am aware that the DVI Extender is just that - an extender and not a format converter, but given everything, it should just work, and in several resolutions that are supported by all components.
Why can I not get them to talk to eachother?
I have tried all resolutions and refresh rates, many different DVI cables and still no luck.
I would be very, very grateful if anyone has any further ideas as to what else I could try.
Here is the link for the Extron MGP 464 DI: http://www.extron.com/product/product.aspx?id=mgp464&s=5
Thank you in advance!

Return to posts index

Chad Pearson
Re: DVI Extender+DecklinkDuo problem with an Extron MGP 464 DI
on Mar 12, 2014 at 7:52:25 pm

Make sure the Extron is in YUV 422 color mode. Most every other device (laptops, DVD players) will auto negotiate to the correct colorspace. Also TV's and (most) monitors are capable of displaying both formats, but Blackmagic only support YUV color as used in the television broadcast signals.

Return to posts index

Alen Mecan
on Mar 13, 2014 at 9:53:32 pm

Thanks Chad, that makes sense, I will give it a try tomorrow.

Return to posts index

Alen Mecan
on Mar 14, 2014 at 11:02:04 pm

Hello Chad,
thank you so much!
The problem is solved and we have an amazing system right now!
Hope it helps anyone else who might run into this, it was so frustrating.
Thanks again and kind regards.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]