FORUMS: list search recent posts

YouTube broadcast from ATEM

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Randall Packer
YouTube broadcast from ATEM
on Mar 2, 2014 at 2:20:13 pm

I have just activated YouTube Live and would like to broadcast from the output of my ATEM Television Studio. Is it necessary to route the program out back in to the host computer with another capture device, or is there way to tap into the already existing USB 2 feed. Wirecast doesn't recognize the USB 2 feed and there is an app called MX Light that does, but it only works on a PC. I have an iMac.

Suggestions?

iMac, Blackmagic ATEM Television Studio, MOTU V4HD

Return to posts index

Rocky Robinson
Re: YouTube broadcast from ATEM
on Mar 4, 2014 at 2:33:10 am

MX-Light works perfectly...But you're right, it is a PC app, with a not very pretty PC interface on it (no offense to the creator. Streaming isn't a pretty task).
The only way you're going to get the iMac to stream with the ATEM is by running windows in bootcamp, or via something like vmware or parallels (which I have been told works...but I haven't verified it myself.)
Unfortunately, my solution was to lug a PC around to do streaming.

That said, it may be worth getting an I/O device that Wirecast can see...Cheaper than having to acquire a PC.

Return to posts index

Randall Packer
on Mar 4, 2014 at 3:18:28 am

Thanks for the response. I discovered that Livestream's Procaster recognizes the ATEM Television Studio's encoded h.264 stream, and passes it out to the Livestream player. Since I am looking for a solution to stream to YouTube Live, I tried Wirecast for YouTube but it doesn't recognized the ATEM stream. I think the best solution is the TeraDek Vidiu, which streams to Livestream, UStream, and YouTube at 1080p, but it cost $700. So there you have all my research on this!

Return to posts index

Kannan Raghavan
on Mar 4, 2014 at 8:42:59 am

Hey Randall. Can the Vidiu be used without a Atem? Can I hook up the output of a I/O to the Vidiu to stream?
Cheers

Kannan Raghavan
The Big Toad Films Pte. Ltd.

Return to posts index

Paddy Uglow
on Mar 4, 2014 at 2:48:13 pm

I was looking into this. Can you use an ATEM TV Studio and a Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle (or one of the other shuttles) to capture the HDMI output of the ATEM into the Mac? It looked like this would work. Though I thought controlling the ATEM + capturing its h.264 AND dealing with the HDMI might be a lot of work for one computer - I'd have used one laptop for ATEM control and h.264 capture, and another for streaming the HDMI output from the ATEM.
But it might be cheaper to buy a PC laptop to stream the h.264 with the previously mentioned software.

Paddy, CreativeMedia.org.uk

Return to posts index

Randall Packer
on Mar 4, 2014 at 3:08:44 pm

If you have a fast enough processor, you can route the HDMI output from the ATEM into the host computer through a BM input in order to both capture and stream the signal.

Personally, I think the best solution is to use the ATEM software to capture the encoded signal, and then send the ATEM's HDMI program output to a hardware encoder, such as the Teradek VidiU, although it is pricey at $700. It is still cheaper than another computer, broadcasting software, etc, and probably the most reliable/efficient solution in terms of the quality of the broadcast.

Return to posts index

Kannan Raghavan
on Mar 5, 2014 at 1:45:18 am

So you need a PC/Mac to run the ATEM sw, a BM I/O to feed the vidiu?

Kannan Raghavan
The Big Toad Films Pte. Ltd.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]