FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need to capture timecode from tape and have it match the TC in the captured file.

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Garman
Need to capture timecode from tape and have it match the TC in the captured file.
on Feb 6, 2014 at 11:15:42 pm

I have a BlackMagic multibridge eclipse running with FCP Studio3 on a MacPro. I’m capturing BetaSP footage from a Sony Digibeta Deck via SDI and deck control via RS-422 through my Elcipse.

My client wants matching timecode between the source tape and my resulting capture on Final Cut. Is this possible? I hear there is timecode in the SDI signal that I am capturing from the Sony deck, but I don’t think I’m getting that timecode transferred to my capture at the same time.

How could this be accomplished? Would I need additional software or hardware to accomplish this?

My need is urgent.

Thanks,

Steve

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Need to capture timecode from tape and have it match the TC in the captured file.
on Feb 7, 2014 at 4:36:05 pm

As long as you are using SDI as your source, and your project is set to the correct frame rate. (SD 29.97 if you are in NTSC land)you should be getting timecode as well. When you shuttle the deck around, do you not see the same TC information in FCP as you see on the deck?

Is your deck showing TC on the display, or do you have it set to counter instead?

Check your deck presets in FCP and make sure they match the deck settings. It shouldn't be that difficult to do. (Actually i think it might be harder to not get matching TC out of the deck.)

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]