FORUMS: list search recent posts

Media Express not playing Avid DNXHD

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Lagerlof
Media Express not playing Avid DNXHD
on Jan 6, 2014 at 6:42:19 am

Under Win 8.1 and with Desktop Video 9.8 I'm still not getting Media Express to recognize Avid DNXHD 145. It's a .mxf file and I keep getting an 'unsupported file' error message. Any ideas why?

Also, the desktop video settings in my 'Control Panel' are greyed out and its saying 'no adjustments necessary'. Again, any ideas why?

Return to posts index

Jim Sustacek
Re: Media Express not playing Avid DNXHD
on Jan 6, 2014 at 3:29:21 pm

In my experience, Media Express is very picky about what it plays back. Basically, it has to be recorded using Media Express.

The actual hardware is not so restrictive, however, if you're just looking to send video out on the Blackmagic output. If you can find a way to use bmdtools (Linux or Mac only, unfortunately), you can use FFMPEG to pipe pretty much anything out on it using bmdplay:
http://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3349#p20332

Return to posts index

EricBowen
on Jan 6, 2014 at 6:39:26 pm
Last Edited By EricBowen on Jan 6, 2014 at 6:40:07 pm

Media Express does not playback DNxHD that I am aware of unless they changed it and I missed it. Normally just Blackmagic's codecs including mjpeg, DPX, DV, and maybe DVCPro HD although I think that is only with Premiere.

Do you mean the Blackmagic Control Panel in Windows Control panel? If so then that is greyed out of the Blackmagic hardware is not detected.

Eric-ADK
Tech Manager
support@adkvideoediting.com

Return to posts index

Eric Lagerlof
on Jan 8, 2014 at 2:41:29 am

Thanks Jim & Eric. I can play the DNXHD files through Premiere using the Ultra Studio Express Box; it seems I need to make sure the box is connected to the TB port before I turn on the computer and I missed the bit in the BM desktop manual about setting the playback device in PPro's preferences.

And yeah, Media Express is fussier than I thought, not intersted in other installed codecs. Working on a MacBook Pro with Win 8.1 but when I get back to the OSX side, I'll try those BMD tools, so thanks for the link and your help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]