FORUMS: list search recent posts

Export from FCPX for HyperDeck Shuttle 2 playback

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Geoff Butler
Export from FCPX for HyperDeck Shuttle 2 playback
on Dec 27, 2013 at 5:33:15 pm

I want to be able to use my HyperDeck Shuttle 2 as a playback device for projects created in FCPX. If I make a master file in the right format (Quicktime, ProRes 422 HQ) and follow HyperDeck's naming convention (Capturexxxx), I can get the files to play back but I cannot get audio to play.

Apparently, the HyperDeck will only playback the file if it has 16 channel audio. BMC acknowledged this as a bug in February, but there is still no fix.

I was able to use "roles" to wrestle 16 channels of audio out of FCPX, but it turns out there is a difference between 16 discrete channels and 16-channel audio.

What I have: https://www.dropbox.com/s/37c8m1e302vggpn/Screen%20Shot%202013-12-26%20at%2...
What I need: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jjq7do04q7qa96q/Screen%20Shot%202013-12-27%20at%2...

Hoping someone has an idea how to create a file that the Shuttle will like.

Return to posts index

Greg Tay
Re: Export from FCPX for HyperDeck Shuttle 2 playback
on Jan 26, 2014 at 4:13:02 pm

Easy solution. Do not use FCPX to render and transfer to your SSD hard disk. Instead use your HDMI output from your Blackmagic output (assuming you have one) and do a realtime playback from FCPX and record using your Hyperdeck Shuttle 2.

Return to posts index

Geoff Butler
Re: Export from FCPX for HyperDeck Shuttle 2 playback
on Jan 28, 2014 at 3:08:14 am

I just ordered an UltraStudio Express. I was hoping to get it done with the HyperDeck for two reasons:

1. My entire system has to fit in my (already very heavy) backpack. I do a lot of editing on planes and in other tight spaces.

2. My machine (MacBook Pro) sometimes struggles to playback smoothly.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]