FORUMS: list search recent posts

Any BMD product that handles 2x ingest from HDCAM SR master?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Brooke
Any BMD product that handles 2x ingest from HDCAM SR master?
on Dec 12, 2013 at 2:59:04 pm

Hello fellow listers.
My first post here as new member...

I'm still knocking out lots of DVD product, about a disc a day.
Looking to speed up ingest of hundreds of HDCAM masters from our client's library. And now creating combo packs with Bluray. We currently use a HDW500. This deck is due for replacement as the head hours are approaching 4k.

Does Blackmagic have a product that will ingest from a SRW-5100 deck at 2x? I don't have the deck yet but the /2 model supports this via dual link I believe. I was thinking legacy Multibridge Eclipse model since I have to de-embed and embed streams for Dolby E work.

And a side question...does the 2x ingest only work with SR material or can it work with HDCAM source as well? The deck would have the 5802 board installed. I'm debating about the 444 option.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Frank Gothmann
Re: Any BMD product that handles 2x ingest from HDCAM SR master?
on Dec 20, 2013 at 1:24:28 pm

I have never managed to accomplish this with a BMD product, neither have I managed to successfully establish a full Dolby E workflow with their stuff. Maybe somebody else can shed light if this has changed in the last years because I gave up trying at a certain point and went with AJA.
All I can tell you that both works flawless with a Kona 3G, dual speed ingest as well as proper Dolby E captures and laying back to tape.
I recommend the SRW 5800 btw, you have all you need with the HDCAM option installed.

------
"You also agree that you will not use these products for... the development, design, manufacture or production of nuclear, missiles, or chemical or biological weapons."
iTunes End User Licence Agreement

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]