Setting Up A New System- Rate My Build?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Workman
Setting Up A New System- Rate My Build?
on Dec 5, 2013 at 6:29:05 am
Last Edited By Ben Workman on Dec 5, 2013 at 7:21:39 am

Hey guys,

I realize this might be a more unconventional post, but I'm currently planning a brand new video/streaming system in a venue and I'd love input on it.
The majority of my hardware is BMD, and I've gotten great advice here before, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

ATEM 1 M/E Production Studio 4K (or ATEM 1 M/E Production Switcher- is there a reason both are similarly priced? ($2495)
3 Sony PMW-EX3 Cameras connected by SDI (about 150 ft runs)
HDMI/SDI from switcher to iMac via UltraStudio Mini Recorder

At this point I can record or go live online. But the next part is where I get a little iffy.

I have 3 HDMI/SDI HD projectors shooting on 3 screens. The 2 outer screens will be live video, the middle will be fed lyrics/presentation slides
from a separate Mac running presentation software called ProPresenter.

I guess where I'm not quite getting it is how to set up my signal chain. I will often need to merge the two sources (ProPresenter overlaid on video/live video on center screen/lower thirds)- should the propresenter mac feed into the switcher and let that feed the screens? (Either splitting the hdmi or sdi output to the 2 projectors). Or should I feed the video out of the switcher into the presenter mac and then on to the screens (using some sort of spanning device- TripleHead2Go or something similar)

What gives the greatest quality? Are the larger BMD switchers able to mix sources and give live video with no audio sync issues? What about the length of the runs - 150 feet to cameras, 120 feet to the projectors- are there repeaters I need to look into? Will this degrade signal quality?

I realize I've asked a lot of questions here guys- any part you guys can weigh in on would be a huge help!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]