FORUMS: list search recent posts

Importing still clips into ATEM 1 ?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steven Orsinelli
Importing still clips into ATEM 1 ?
on Dec 4, 2013 at 11:37:12 pm

Hello fellow Cow people, i am trying to import still clips to be used as the background image for chroma-keying using the ATEM 1. When i download a still image from the internet in a file size over 1000 I drag it into the one of the media player boxes. It loads fine, however when I go to view it, it is a very small photo with a big black square around it? Is there a way to get the image to fill the screen?
Thanks Steve

Return to posts index

Jim Brown
Re: Importing still clips into ATEM 1 ?
on Dec 5, 2013 at 10:09:22 pm

You need to resize the graphic image to match the resolution you are operating the ATEM at. For example, if you are set to 1080i then your graphic image needs to be set to 1920x1080; If 720p then 1280x720 pixels. You can go to Photoshop and resize the image. This is covered on page 100 of the manual.

Regards

Jim Brown
M&M Productions USA

Return to posts index

Steven Orsinelli
Re: Importing still clips into ATEM 1 ?
on Dec 9, 2013 at 6:47:02 pm

Hey Jim thanks for the info, your response helped me out. I do not have photoshop as of yet, so I found a work around. I used your idea, I went to google typed in 1920x1080 wallpaper images. Many came up, I down loaded them and converted them to a (Tiff) and they filled the whole screen and look really great!

Now I need to find out how to play moving images for keying. I'm thinking to just record the background footage into a source with a HDMI out and plug it into one of the HDMI (in) ports? The hit play. Or as you said maybe it would be helpful to read the operations manuel first eh? Either way thanks so much for your response
Steven

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]