FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multiple Simultaneous Feeds

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Diem
Multiple Simultaneous Feeds
on Nov 20, 2013 at 3:46:16 pm

I'm putting together a set up for a 300-member church. The plan is to have a multi-HD-camera set up to feed monitors in the areas outside the main auditorium as well as stream the same feed over the Internet. The production will include announcements before and after the service and live video with occasional bible text on the bottom during the service. I doubt there will ever be a need for picture-in-picture or other DVE so I would just use an ATEM Television Studio.

However, the plan is to also have monitors in the main auditorium to display the announcements before & after the service as well as the occasional bible text (no live video of the service -it's a small auditorium). Because there will be no video in the auditorium and the monitors will be farther away, I'd like to display the bible texts full screen (rather than just a smaller bottom overlay like the other feed).

I know I could accomplish this with an ATEM 1 M/E by using one of the aux outputs for the main auditorium feed. I would have both the smaller and larger bible text graphics in the media player and switch the aux output from a black background to the media player when the texts are to be displayed.

I see two drawbacks with this. It would be nice to have the bible text graphic fade in/out rather than turn on/off. I can also imagine the desire to add congregational song lyrics at some point which would require two separate computer inputs (one for the full-screen auditorium feed and one for the smaller extra rooms/streaming feed.

When I look at this project, it seems like I really have two live productions going on at once. I could get two ATEM TV Studios (for less than one ATEM 1 M/E) but that seems like it would be a nightmare to manage live.

Another possibility is to have the ATEM output the feed for the extra rooms/stream with the output also fed into a computer to fade between black and the bible texts/lyrics. The computer could then output the main auditorium feed. I'm concerned about the cost of a computer to handle the live HD feed though as well as the delay it may introduce.

Any suggestions on how to handle this?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]