FORUMS: list search recent posts

Black magic Mini-HDMI to SDI converter

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steven Orsinelli
Black magic Mini-HDMI to SDI converter
on Oct 31, 2013 at 10:25:24 pm

Hello I just bought the Black Magic ATEM Switcher for my video students. It works great when using the HDMI ports. However I bought the Black magic Mini-HDMI to SDI converter for longer cable runs and it will not work at all? I changed out all the cables and so on and nothing? Any Ideas please!

Using Canon HFR-20 HD Camera-HDMI Out-To B/M mini converter HDMI In-SD Cable out-25 feet-SDI Into the B/M switcher=Nothing?

Note: If I hook the SD out to a SD monitor I get a great picture? But hooked up to the ATEM nothing?

Thanks

Return to posts index

EricBowen
Re: Black magic Mini-HDMI to SDI converter
on Oct 31, 2013 at 10:44:21 pm

What resolution/framerate settings do you have the Atem to. Did you connect the Converter to a system and check for a firmware update. What settings do you have for the converter.

Eric-ADK
Tech Manager
support@adkvideoediting.com

Return to posts index

Steven Orsinelli
Re: Black magic Mini-HDMI to SDI converter
on Nov 1, 2013 at 5:08:29 pm

Hi Eric thanks for your response, all was set up correctly that why it was really messing with my head. I finally figured it out last night before I left the studio, it only took me 3 hours! It was the camera that was the culprit. I went into the menu and tuned off the 1080i output. Now i had tried to do that before but it was grayed out in the menu with no access. I then disconnected the HDMI from it, accessed the menu again and now i was able to turn it off. Once I did, I re-installed the HDMI output...blam! It works great!
Thanks Steve

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]