FORUMS: list search recent posts

Decklink Extreme 4K cant play Premiere CC RED 4K UHD timelines out to 1080p?!?!

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mel Matsuoka
Decklink Extreme 4K cant play Premiere CC RED 4K UHD timelines out to 1080p?!?!
on Oct 23, 2013 at 10:52:05 pm

Anyone know what the secret sauce™ is to get my 4K UHD Premiere CC timelines (3840x2160) out to my 1080p monitor via the Decklink 4K Extreme HDMI/SDI outputs? I've tried every damn combination of Premiere sequence settings, Mercury Transmit settings, Decklink prefpane settings, etc, and I just cant get this damn card to downconvert these timelines so that I can edit native 4K RED sequences with 1080p playback on my external monitor.

Its frustrating, because all of our 7 year old AJA Kona3 cards can play these same sequences out to the same 1080p monitor with realtime downconversion. I just cant do the same on my Decklink system.

I know I can just paste the 4k sequence contents into a 1080p sequence, but its a really annoying workaround, because I have to resize any graphics that were placed in the 4k timeline...and besides, my stubborn self refuses to admit that a 7 year old Kona3 card can play the 4k sequences fine, but my 1 month old Decklink 4K Extreme card cant. Any help or advice is appreciated.

I'm running Premiere Pro CC, Decklink 9.8.1 drivers, Decklink 4K Extreme on an 8-core 2010 Mac Pro, with 2x GTX570 cards and REDRocket card.

Return to posts index

Alex Gerulaitis
Re: Decklink Extreme 4K cant play Premiere CC RED 4K UHD timelines out to 1080p?!?!
on Oct 24, 2013 at 8:51:38 pm
Last Edited By Alex Gerulaitis on Jan 8, 2014 at 6:28:45 pm

It's actually strange that Kona 3 does it. Both Decklink 4K Extreme and Kona 3G list cross-conversion options as 720 to 1080 and back but not anything 4K. Seems that 4K can't be downconverted on either, at least according to specs?

Return to posts index

Mel Matsuoka
Re: Decklink Extreme 4K cant play Premiere CC RED 4K UHD timelines out to 1080p?!?!
on Oct 24, 2013 at 9:12:00 pm

I'm guessing this is a problem with Decklink's support for Premiere's Mercury Transmit integration. I would have to assume the card is fully capable of this downconversion (Resolve doesn't have a problem downconverting the same 4K R3D sequences to 1080p on the fly), but BMD's implementation with Adobe products is still incomplete.

Major bummer, to say the least.

Return to posts index

EricBowen
on Oct 30, 2013 at 6:59:16 pm

Premiere Pro CC or CS6 will not scale a 4K timeline down to a lower res monitor on an I/O card. Premiere will only do this with video cards. I know the Blackmagic 4K card cant do this since they leave it for Premiere to scale. I wasn't aware any Aja card could as well.

Eric-ADK
Tech Manager
support@adkvideoediting.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]