FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blackmagic ATEM TLS & Blackmagic ATEM Production Switcher

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Abram
Blackmagic ATEM TLS & Blackmagic ATEM Production Switcher
on Oct 9, 2013 at 5:19:25 pm

My question is regarding a set up for a video workflow at my church for live streaming and recording. My current plan is to utilize the Blackmagic ATEM Production Studio 4K to input 4-6 HD signals. I also want to connect an analog audio signal from the mixer to the analog input on the Production Studio to sync the audio with the video. Then I'm hoping to take that output and feed it to the Blackmagic ATEM TLS mainly because it has a H.264 encoder and then feed that output to Intensity Pro. Is this a smart setup?

I know there is another set up with the Blackmagic ATEM Television Live Switcher by embedding a Behringer ULTRAMATCH Pro SRC2496 to convert the analog audio to digital. But I don't understand where to connect the Behringer to the ATEM TLS after converting the XLR to BNC. Can you please explain where the Behringer will connect on the ATEM TLS? In addition, I also researched that going this route can cause audio delay and frames to be out of sync.

Please recommend a solution. Thanks in advance ! I appreciate it!

Return to posts index

Chad Pearson
Re: Blackmagic ATEM TLS & Blackmagic ATEM Production Switcher
on Oct 9, 2013 at 7:35:17 pm

If you are capturing with an Intensity Pro there's no need for the TVS, since the H.264 output is via USB directly into a computer only. If you haven't bought the TVS yet, I would consider skipping the TVS and intensity pro altogether and getting a Matrox Monarch HD. It will stream and record simultaneously (in H.264 at independant bitrates) for about the same price as the TVS, but without the need for a computer and separate software.

Return to posts index

Joe Abram
on Oct 10, 2013 at 2:00:48 am

Thanks for the fast reply Chad!

I actually have the Intensity Pro (bought it about 2 years ago). I still want to utilize the Intensity Pro, however I haven't bought the TVS yet. But do you know if the raw output from the TVS and the H.264 can be captured simultaneously? For instance can I capture the raw output from the TVS straight into Intensity Pro and then take H.264 feed coming from the USB to be streamed into Wirecast simultaneously?

Return to posts index

Chad Pearson
on Oct 11, 2013 at 12:48:06 am

Yes, you can do both. Both outputs are active simultaneously. However Wirecast does not support an H.264 encoded signal, only an uncompressed signal. The only software at the moment that supports the H.264 output is Black Magic Media Express, Livestream.com for Producers, and MXLight (PC Only).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]