FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mixer to SRC2496 to ATEM

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Edwards
Mixer to SRC2496 to ATEM
on Sep 21, 2013 at 12:32:33 pm

I am using an Ultramatch Pro SRC2496 as an Analog to Digital Converter. The setup includes a Allen&Heath MixWizard WZ316:2 feeding an Analog signal from the A/B Out Outputs which are a pair of impedance balanced TRS jacks. I am using TRS to Male XLR Balanced Cables for each jack (Hosa Cable STX110M 1/4 TRS to XLR Male Cable - 10 Foot). These are plugged into the Analog L/R Inputs on the SRC2496. I have setup the SRC2496 to be Analog In. In this setup I am not able to receive any audio signal into the device at all. I have checked the audio coming out of the Mixer with Headphone and that checks out just fine. The LEVEL METER does not register any signal. I am also not able to select any sources using the SOURCE switch and thought this is because there is no signal.

I then come out of the Digital Output with an XLR cable to a Sescom SES-AES-EBU-1 XLRF to 75 Ohm BNC Female AES/EBU Impedance Transformer and then into the AES/BNC audio input on the ATEM TS. I am not getting any audio to the ATEM but I believe the issue is between the mixer and the SRC2496 but just in case I wanted to give the end-to-end connection.

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Mixer to SRC2496 to ATEM
on Sep 25, 2013 at 1:39:58 am

sounds like you have a bad Behringer. I use this exact model all the time, but remember, Behringer is the CHEAPEST product you can buy to do this. I have been lucky, and have never had a problem, but almost every Behringer Audio Board I ever bought has failed. But that's ok, because they are so cheap compared to everything else, I just get another one.

SO, you have a bad SRC-2496. Contact your dealer and get a replacement unit.

Bob Zelin

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
maxavid@cfl.rr.com

Return to posts index

Dave Edwards
Re: Mixer to SRC2496 to ATEM
on Oct 12, 2013 at 12:15:08 am

Thanks Bob. Exchanged the device and it works now.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]