FORUMS: list search recent posts

Decklink HD Extreme 3 and Mountain Lion

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Hart
Decklink HD Extreme 3 and Mountain Lion
on Sep 16, 2013 at 9:27:45 pm

Is anyone with a Decklink HD Extreme 3 running FCP 7 and OSX 10.8.4 without any issues. I keep finding posts from people saying they have audio issues with this set up and are frustrated with the lack of response from BM. Are these problems a small minority or am I headed for trouble by upgrading to Mountain Lion. I am currently on OSX 10.6.8 and the card is fine with FCP but I need 10.8.4 for Adobe CC .

any responses would be much appreciated

thanks
Paul Hart
Mac Pro 4.1
Decklink HD Extreme 3

Return to posts index

Paul Hart
Re: Decklink HD Extreme 3 and Mountain Lion
on Nov 6, 2013 at 10:33:43 pm

Well I got no responses but in case anyone else is in this boat here is where I am at. I first cloned my start up drive so I could go back if needed.

I upgraded my graphics card to the Sapphire Radeon 9750, Mac edition with 3Gb of VRAM. Before installing the 9750 I upgraded to 10.8.5 and BM 9.7.5. FCP 7.0.3 and Adobe CC are all working fine. I just upgraded to BM 9.9.2 and everything still seems fine.

In the Decklink system preference my Decklink HD Extreme 3 card is recognized but there is one major gotcha to watch out for. Do not select extended Desktop. When I did this it sent the extended desktop to my main monitor and nothing to my FSI SDI. It was a bit of a nightmare to get my monitor back since I couldn't access anything. PM me if you run into this.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]