FORUMS: list search recent posts

BSOD's

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Albin
BSOD's
on Aug 22, 2013 at 4:25:23 pm

In an effort to figure out what is causing periodic BSOD's I want to make sure I have my DeckLink Studio card in the correct pcie slot. I am running Windows 7 64bit on an HP Z800 with 24gb of ram and a Nvidia 4000 graphics card. The bsod's have become so frequent I've had to uninstall the software and go without the use of the card.
If anyone can recommend the correct pcie slot placement of the decklink and the graphics card I would be grateful.
Here is a the motherboard layout.

Thanks
Dave

Return to posts index

Alex Gerulaitis
Re: BSOD's
on Aug 22, 2013 at 6:09:02 pm

Hi Dave,

For the graphics card, it's usually 2 or 4; for the Studio card - any other one except PCI of course.

What does the BSOD screen say? Anything in the Windows logs? How often do these BSODs happen and is there any pattern to them (at what point in the booting, application start or editing)?

Have you tried rolling back the driver?

...running the system w/o the card for a few days to see if BSODs go away?

...Installing a fresh Win7-64 on a separate disk or partition (along with your editing app, and the BMD driver) and seeing if the problem recurs?

There is a small possibility the card itself is bad and causing problems; zeroing in on it would require borrowing / getting another BMD card just to see if the problem recurs.

Alex Gerulaitis
Systems Engineer
DV411 - Los Angeles, CA

Return to posts index

David Albin
on Aug 23, 2013 at 4:42:08 pm

Alex, thanks for the reply. I have tried rolling back the driver and still have the same issue. I have pulled the card and the problem goes away, unfortunately I don't have a spare card to test out.
I may try doing a clean install and see what happens. I will make note of the bsod error next time it happens.

Return to posts index

EricBowen
on Aug 27, 2013 at 3:38:23 pm

What video and Audio driver versions are you running? You can find the Video driver version by right clicking on the desktop and selecting the Nvidia Control Panel. Then Select Help from the top and system information. The driver version should be listed there.

Eric-ADK
Tech Manager

Return to posts index

David Albin
on Aug 27, 2013 at 3:45:41 pm

I have 311.35 running on a Quadro 4000

Return to posts index

EricBowen
on Aug 27, 2013 at 3:56:10 pm

Try this driver:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/quadro-tesla-grid-win8-win7-winvista-64bit-320...

Eric-ADK
Tech Manager

Return to posts index

David Albin
on Aug 27, 2013 at 5:10:18 pm

I've avoided updating the drivers as I've tried to stay with Adobe certified drivers. I'm not sure how often Adobe actually certifies drivers, but obviously my driver is quite old. I'll give it a try and see if it helps.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]