FORUMS: list search recent posts

Decklink 4K Extreme 4K>HD downconversion (HDMI)

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adrian Graham-Smith
Decklink 4K Extreme 4K>HD downconversion (HDMI)
on Aug 22, 2013 at 3:35:35 pm

I've already posted over on Blackmagic Design's forums, but no joy there yet, so will try here, too...

I'm cutting a project in Premiere on Mac, shot on Epic at 4K. I'm cutting mostly at HD resolution, and can monitor the HD sequences fine through HDMI on my HD monitor.

However, whenever I open a 4K clip in the source window, or need to work on a 4K sequence, the HDMI output goes bananas. I've looked in System Preferences, and can't see a downconversion option from 4K to HD. Is there something I'm missing here? It's in all the marketing blurb that I should be able to do it.

Return to posts index

EricBowen
Re: Decklink 4K Extreme 4K>HD downconversion (HDMI)
on Aug 27, 2013 at 2:56:08 pm

Premiere last I checked will not scale down the resolution from an I/O card. It will via the video card. AE will allow you to set the player to scale down the resolution though via the I/O card. If you dont have a display that scales 4K or accepts a 4K signal with Premiere then you will have to use the video card for those sequences.

Eric-ADK
Tech Manager

Return to posts index

Adrian Graham-Smith
Re: Decklink 4K Extreme 4K>HD downconversion (HDMI)
on Sep 23, 2013 at 3:35:10 pm

It's always been annoying that Premiere won't allow you to change the video card output independently from the sequence setting (which you've always been able to do in FCP7), but I'm just baffled by not being able to do it in the Decklink 4k System Settings, given that Blackmagic's marketing blurb says you can do this.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]